Pulaski County Public Library Rules of Behavior for
The Pulaski County Public Library strives to provide, on equal terms, free
library services to all residents of Pulaski County. The library follows the
American Library Bill of Rights which states, A persons right to
use a library should not be denied or abridged because of origin, age,
background or views.
The Library is for everyones enjoyment. The following guidelines for
patrons conduct are essential to ensure respect for individuals who use this
To ensure a clean, comfortable and pleasant environment, the proper use
and care of all library materials and buildings is essential.
- Patrons must not deface or improperly remove library materials, equipment,
furniture or building.
- Library patrons should consume food only in authorized areas.
To allow for the safety of all patrons, the following ensure safety:
- Library patrons should park bicycles or other vehicles only in authorized
- The use of rollerblades, skates, or skateboard are not allowed on library
- Patrons should promptly leave the Library at closing time.
To allow for uninterrupted service, Library phones are for staff use
To ensure individuals right to use the Library free of disruption,
Library patrons shall refrain from:
- Loitering or sleeping in the Library; cannot leave personal property
unattended; blocking or loitering at library entrances
- No concealed weapons allowed on library property
- Disturbing others with loud or boisterous conduct
- Soliciting or panhandling inside or outside the Library
- Being offensive in language, action or body odor to other users or staff
- Smoking or use of any other tobacco product inside Library facilities
- Using alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
The following also guide patron behavior to ensure minimal disruption of
- Cell phones and pagers should be answered promptly. Patrons should speak in
low tones and keep conversations brief. If phone calls cannot be concluded
quickly patrons should move to the foyer of the library.
- Patrons should abide by established time limitations and the Librarys
Acceptable Use of the Internet Policies (copies at Reference Desk)
- Patrons are expected to wear proper attire--a shirt and shoes are required.
This list is by no means all inclusive of behaviors of library users of
which they may be expelled from library property. Violators of these rules will
be advised of the rules and asked to correct their behavior. If the behavior is
not corrected, they will be asked to leave the library property for an amount
of time to be determined by the supervisor in charge. If the user is under the
age of 16, every effort will be made to notify the parent in writing. Anyone
refusing to leave the library property when requested is subject to prosecution
under the Kentucky Revised Statutes.